My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Paying Fancy Prices to Pretend that I Have A Fancy Life

2005/06/29

Boss

Dining in the Sleepless Goat was not easy when I wore a cap entitled 'BOSS' while the waiter's T-shirt announced 'You are not the boss of me'.

The Sleepless Goat is a local restaurant, which is collectively owned by the people who work there. In other words, there's no boss there. People in town are proud of this small local restaurant just because of this idea. It's amazing to see how people practice Communism and cherish the relative ideas which are gradually abandoned by so-called Communism countries. What's more, it opens right beside Starbucks, the defender of Capitalism.

I couldn't help looking around to ensure my 'safety' as I was really scared of the waiter's kinky dress. It was quite a hippie place where suit and tie was not expected. People might have been talking about either terrorism or drug. But they turned out extremely nice to me. Everyone smiled to me as if I belonged to them. I felt weirdly comfortable.

Finishing my lunch, I left some tips on the desk and rushed out. I was afraid that the waiter would come out to throw the money back and yell at me 'Don't give me the crap of Capitalism.'

2 Comments:

Blogger savante said...

Sleepless Goat?! What kinda name is that?

Hey, I tagged you for a meme.

Paul

6/29/2005 10:34 AM  
Blogger Wéi said...

Thank you, Paul. I will do the game soon.

6/29/2005 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home